Sunday, May 01, 2005

The story

Once upon a time, not even that long (maybe 4 years) ago, I was sitting in the office of Rabbi Y. Marcus (my teacher at Neve Yerushalayim College, Jerusalem) whining and complaining (I did that a lot at the time) about not knowing what to do next. He told me about a school that teaches alternative healing. I knew people who went there, but still, it took me a good few months just to go check it out.
The truth is that I was always interested in healing. But in high school I was not too serious and I certainly didn't study enough to get into medical school. Besides, I was never really fond of "conventional medicine" and I wouldn't want to give people shots or take their blood.

Therefore reflexology and massage therapy sounded like it was just what I was looking for!

When I finally went to Shelem Institute, Holistic Studies and Complementary Medicine Center, Jerusalem (www.shelem.com) to interview with their ever so amazing administrative principal, Dr. Miri Hoffman and to sign up for the course, I still wasn't quite sure what I was jumping into.

Only later on, as my teachers, Dr. Eldad Nakar (reflexology theory - also founder and professional principal of the school), Miriam Elia (reflexology practice) Flora Shemesh (massage therapy) and Yuval Van-Son (anatomy and physiology) shared more and more of their knowledge with us I started to realize what a great, powerful and special tool I was about to get. Yet the "real thing" started when I finished school and had the opportunity to work with (or rather learn from I should say) the great healer, Dr. Ruth Levy.

Interested in the results of all this? Read this blog or come test me (ladies only, please)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a fabulous blog! What a wonderful collection of resource sites you've amassed! As one of the lucky ones who's had the pleasure of being treated by you, I'm looking forward to reading your diploma work!!